Wednesday, April 13, 2016

"Mark"

My beloved German shepherd Cody died just about two years ago.  I couldn't bring myself to get another dog right away - it just didn't seem "right"

I finally met the right dog at the end of February  :) 

He is a five year-old German shepherd mix named Mark.  He was a little underweight when I met him - not starving, but definitely ribby.  He's a rescue from St Hubert's Giralda in Madison NJ; he had only been at their Mt Olive NJ PetSmart adoption center for two days when I got lucky.

Of course, it was the ears that did me in.




He's just a joy.  He's well-trained, walks beautifully off- and on-leash, is gentle and loves people and other animals.  For the first two weeks, I walked him on-leash in the yard (I live on 3 acres in a rural setting) around and around the perimeter of the property.  Now that he can be outside off-leash, he never leaves the yard.  And he has a funny personality.



He's gained 4 pounds since I've had him and now he's at optimum weight.  People say he hit the adoption lottery, but I know I'm the really lucky one.




I am linking up at:


Dwellings - Amaze Me Monday
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays
French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday


1 comment: