Spending the day surrounded by color made me even more unsure of what to do about my living room/dining room/small foyer. I rent, but have been here 2 years and plan on being here for the long-term. I have terrific landlords who realize this is my home...not just some place I live. I take very good care of the place, and I am very happy here. My landlords are perfectly fine with me painting the walls. They are currently (I think) "Navajo White", and while that's perfectly fine, I want to change it.
My decorating colors are cream/oyster white/pink, with some touches of pale green, and I have a lot of silver and crystal decorative pieces. The furniture that will not be painted are have cherry tones. My dilemmas are:
- because my colors are pale, and because my accents are silver and crystal, I am concerned about everything looking "washed out", or cold.
- because everything is pale and delicate, I don't want any extremely vibrant colors.
- I am "stuck" with the following non-negotiables/non-changeables
- a natural pine floor that unfortunately, like a lot of these floors, has an orange cast to it.
- a terra cotta tile floor in the foyer
- Eisenhower-era wood door & trim for the foyer closet
I have several paint "swatches" on the wall (thank goodness for those little pint samples!) "Silver Screen" by Behr seems too foggy gray. "Quietude" seems more like a brighter white than the Navajo White that's up there now. Sherwin-Williams "White Dogwood" is a beautiful barely-there pink, but I think that will be better in my bedroom.
Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Anyone...Bueller? I could go broke on pint samples before I figure this out! Does anyone have a "go-to" cream or pale oyster color they really like?