Saturday, June 2, 2012

Happy (early!) Birthday...

...to me!


Like so many people, I am a huge fan of Amy Chalmers at Maison Decor.  Along with Rosemary at VillaBarnes and Kathleen at Musings From A French Cottage, she has been so helpful to me.  Kathleen was the first blogger I emailed about a tutorial, Rosemary held my hand when my first attempts at transfers with a blender pen were not successful, and Amy helped me find the perfect shade of gray for my living room and dining room - thus saving me from a black hole filled with sample pots from Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore.  

I follow these three blogs avidly (along with way too many others - lol).  When Amy started posting about her new shop, that only added to my fangirl-dom.  Then one day, a picture appeared on her blog:


The post was about creating a lamp from the candlesticks, but my eyes immediately zeroed in on the china cups (apparently so did a lot of other eyes - the cups received a LOT of comments!).  I emailed Amy to ask if they were still available - and they were!  So now they are mine...

....and they are gorgeous! <3


They look beautiful in my bowed glass china cabinet.



If anyone is interested, they are only "recent" vintage (circa 1980 - 1986), but they look old-world, don't they?

The back says Narumi Bone China - "Rouge" A6125...


...but my research leads me to believe they are actually Mikasa "Rouge" by Cathy Hardwick.  Replacements.com thinks so, too:



The Replacements.com photo makes these look lavender, but they really are pink.  If there was such a thing as "Tiffany Pink", this would be it!

I am just thrilled with my self-birthday gift, and thanks so much, Amy - for your inspiration and kindness.








7 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Belated Welcome to blogland. I have only been at it for a year and have met lots of great gals. Your so right it is fun checking everyone out and esp. finding the hidden treasures at their shops. I love your new purchase I can imagine it will give you lots of enjoyable place settings. I am going to check out your other post, drop by for a visit. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy:

    Thank you so much...I will definitely stop by!

    xoxo

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cups are beautiful! Happy (early) Birthday to you...when is your birthday? {hope you don't mind me asking} I was just curious because I have one coming up on June 10 and was wonderfing if maybe we both share the same day.

    Thank you so much for the mention on your blog. I really appreciate it!!

    Have a wonderful day,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen:

    Mine is June 14th - Flag Day - so not too far apart!

    xoxo

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely eye candy :)
    Greetings from Australia♥
    ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete